Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wii fit

I saw on Tahnie's blog that she got this and when she said it was a nice hard work out, I didn't believe her. Then, just the other day my mom said that she went and got this game and told me to come over today and try it out.

Of course, I wanted to make sure I got a pretty good workout in for the day. So, Mandie and I went on a little bike ride while our men where working. Fifteen minutes into the ride both of us look at each other with our hands and face all frozen and said we are done. Afterward, we decided to go the Zupas and get us some tomatoe soup and a cheesy sandwich. Let me just say that I think that I got Mandie hooked to that place it is yummy for my tummy and now hers too!

I headed over to my mom's house after lunch and started to set up the game to play. I have to say that I was really impressed. It gets your height, weight and BMI and plugs it into the system. Then it goes on to check your balance and let me tell you I am not very balanced. What I thought was the best part of the assessment was it calculated how old I was in Wii fit years, I am thirty-five, wow! I am hoping to get a little younger as I progress but who knows?

I started off with the easier stuff like yoga, then went on by doing the aerobics and balancing exercises. Well I thought they were easier! While I was doing these exercises my family was watching to see if it was something that they wanted to try, so basically I was their little Guinea pig. My mom was laughing so hard when I got to the running portion of the exercise because you run in place and follow your instructor. Towards the end ( which is the part she was laughing at the most) you are chasing after a dog. Let me just say that I go to the gym at least 3 times a week and run on the treadmill. When I was done with the Wii fit I was breathing harder then I do at the gym. What a fun workout!

4 comments:

Tahnie said...

I told you! It's so crazy huh, your balance really does get better with the balance games, Adam and I are in a battle with the soccer one. I realize how bad my posture was, my back has been pretty sore I think it is from retraining my muscles how to be balanced!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dana and Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lay's said...

I'm jealous!!!! I can't wait to come try it.