Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Say Hello to the itch

Well hello!
I am just sitting here at work, thinking to myself, and I thought that I should post something on my blog.

Here it is......

This last weekend, starting on early Saturday morning, I had hives all over my body. It first started with my head and sides itching REALLY bad. I just thought that my skin was just dry because of it being so cold or something. So I got up at 230ish in the morning and took a bath. While taking a bath I noticed I had a nice looking spider bite on my wrist ( or so I thought).
I sat in the bath for about an hour till the water got nice and cold. As soon as I got out, my body still was very itchy. By then I was feeling a little like a crack head because I was itching so much. I was wondering what I could do until Michael woke up, like lotion or something. Finally, I remembered that there was some calomine lotion we had when Michael had hives from riding a horse. Yahoo for me!! I was caking on that stuff like you couldn't believe.

Come 7am I couldn't wait for Michael to wake up (just a side note, I didn't want to wake him because I wanted him to have a good sleep, even if I couldn't. He was a little mad that I didn't wake him up though.) so I woke him up to see if he would go and get me some benadryl.

By the time he got back I was showing him my sides and I told him that I thought I got bit by a spider and that was way I might have been itching ( i know, not smart thinking). He looks at it and tells me I have hives all over my neck, head and that on my wrist was one too. Michael was insisting on taking me to the instacare but of course I didn't want to.

I went to the instacare finally! There we found out I had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic I was taking. The problem was that on Sunday my rash was getting worse so I ended up going to my pcp and getting on a stronger dose of the prescription.


Wow what a fun weekend! Just teasing it really was something I will try to avoid in the future.

1 comment:

Tahnie said...

Yikes that sucks! make sure you write down the antibiotic your allergic to so you do get this again. Sorry missy! I hope you are doing good, we need to get together