Sunday, November 1, 2009

Alabama

Michael and I went to visit my "Poppo" in Alabama in September. I do have to say the I love it back there. The people, the scenery and even the humidity was really nice. I don't think that I could EVER wear my hair straight there, but I really don't wear it straight that much anyways. I could really move back there!!

I will have to have a post with just pictures because it won't let me upload them right now. :(

The first day we were there we went and met all of EToy's family (my step grandma) and my uncle Dave that I haven't seen for many many years. Southern hospitality is really something I could get use to. Michael and I are people that don't just feel close to people quickly. It usually takes us a little while for us to feel a bond with someone. Well, before going there I thought it was going to be weird meeting someones family and when I left it felt like I was leaving a lot more of my family. I was really impressed!

They all wanted us to try the "Best BBQ Ribs". I don't want to hurt any feelings but it tasted just like Utah's BBQ ribs. They eat their ribs with bread drenched in BBQ sauce and I really didn't like that. I have texture issues, EWEWEWEW!!!


We went there for about 3 days is all but we saw NASA, the Tennessee River, The Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament (by mistake), Steel Museum and some community churches.

No comments: