Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Two in one day??? Just some randomness

These past few weeks, I would have to say have not been the best. This email that I got from my friend Mandy really made me feel a lot better. I hope that it will help whoever reads it as much as it has helped me.

On a higher note...

I am almost done with spring semester and let me just say I have never really been this excited for the summer before now! I still love my biology instructor, she is really a fun person! Now english, not so much. Instead of helping me get better, I think that I have gotten worse! I am not impressed by her at all.

Higher we go.....

I was getting out of my car this morning and as most who live in Utah know, it's raining/snowing. I had the choice of waiting for trax to come and take me to work or I could walk there. If I walked I would
1. get extremely wet
2. be a little late (maybe a min.)
3. freeze my tushy off

so what do you think this crazy person did?
walked

That is right, I walked, it takes about 15mins to get to my work from the parking garage. While I walked, I noticed some amazing things that are everyday things but really stood out to me today.

1. I don't think I have seen so many worms in my life.
*While I walked to work I played dodge the worms. In the back of my head, I remembered my bio. teacher saying she tries not to hurt any living thing. I tried to do that too, but let me say that some of those worms did end up getting smashed by my large feet.

2. I love to see my breath in the air.
* It is really amazing how all the different molecules interact to do this.

3. Snow/rain
* I loved that some of my wetness was coming from snow and some from rain. I love to watch it come from the sky.

4. trees
* No tree is the same. I walk this way a lot to work and I saw a really pretty tree that I have never noticed before. Words could not decribe what it looked like.

5. Mountains/clouds
* I love when the clouds get low enough to touch the mountains. It is really pretty to me.

6. Getting wet
* Love that when I got to work my scrubs were soaked. I was sure cold but it was great!

You can call me weird but the things that I saw and felt this morning were pretty amazing. Life is so beautiful and sometimes I lose sight of it.

3 comments:

Tahnie said...

Dana this just made me miss you! I love how positive you are and find the beauty even in a blizzard in April. Thanks for this post

Jen M said...

I agree with tahnie I really need to stop and smell the roses some times, life can get so crazy. I miss you too!

Hatchpatch said...

Wow! way to lift my hopelessness of this snowey weather! I so totaly love your words and also miss you!!
Love ya babe!!!
Shawna